Range Rules Mill Creek Rifle Club - February 2016
These rules apply to all persons on Club Property. Members observing safety violations are encouraged to talk to the violators and, if appropriate, report range rule violations to an Officer or Director in the interest of Club safety (Phone 913-961-2529).
- Mill Creek Rifle Club is a private facility not open to the public. Members must ‘sign in’ at the gate with their ID badge & register guests in the clubhouse registration book before shooting.
- All members are required to visibly display their Club ID badges (key card) at all times.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member who is responsible for their safe conduct including adherence to all range rules. A member is limited to one guest shooting at a time. If firing stations are limited (mostly occupied), members with guests are
- Range hours of operation are 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Use illuminated ranges after dark.
- Warning devices must be activated when anyone goes downrange. Downrange shooting is allowed on pistol ranges with unanimous consent of those present. While warning lights are on, weapons on the firing line must be unloaded with actions open and cannot be handled when persons are downrange. Ranges without warning lights require flags Black (range hot) or Red (persons downrange) to be displayed.
- Bullet trajectory must pass through the target frame into the middle of the berm.
- Initial firing to zero in guns must be on pistol ranges except when certain that rule #6 above is met.
- Firearms (except Concealed Carry & Open Carry Weapons) must arrive & depart unloaded & secured in a case, sock or box.
- When not being fired, firearms should have actions open, chambers empty, & magazines empty/removed.
- CCW & OCW weapons may arrive and depart loaded, but must remain holstered except where drawing from a holster is specifically allowed.
- Drawing from holsters is only allowed downrange of the concrete pad on pistol ranges, and on pistol ranges without concrete pads.
- Targets are limited to paper or similar Club approved materials such as plastic plates, clay pigeons, or balloons. All targets must be within Club target frames. Shooting at cans, bottles, etc. is prohibited. Metallic or other targets are permitted only with board approval letter displayed. 10. Obey all posted signs.
- Eye & ear protection is required when near the firing lines, where shooting is in progress.
- Driving or parking on crop land or open range is prohibited.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- Shotgun use is allowed only on: (A) the Shotgun Range where clay targets may be engaged with #4 or smaller shot: (B) LE ranges (if unoccupied); shot and slugs permitted with user supplied cardboard, or paper targets.
- 17 HMR, .22, or other rimfire caliber is limited to the pistol ranges,100 yard, or LE range (if unoccupied).
- Fully automatic firearms or attachments to firearms enabling simulated automatic fire are prohibited except for club sanctioned events or supervised law enforcement training.
- All persons must clean up after themselves. Empty cases, targets, containers, etc. must be placed in receptacles. Discarded live ammunition should be placed in designated orange buckets.
- Shooting of incendiary or tracer ammunition is prohibited.
- 500 yd shooting is permitted only during board approved, RO-controlled events. When the 500 yd gate is closed during such events, the 500 yd range & other ranges to the east are off limits.
- Members, guests & competitors may pick up only their own spent brass. Members can collect unclaimed spent brass once an individual leaves or a competition has ended and the event coordinators and participants have left. If you wish to pick up brass the LE has shot, wait until all training is done, LE has been able to clear targets and gear, then get written or verbal approval from LE before proceeding.
- The Board may authorize exceptions to the above Rules for Club sanctioned events or individual member requests. All certification or training, including Concealed Carry, must have prior Board approval.
Violations of the above range rules, unsafe or belligerent conduct or actions, or loaning Club ID cards, keys, or key cards to other persons will be disciplined up to and including expulsion from MCRC and/or legal prosecution.